Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Have to start somewhere, right?

I would like to thank my dad for forcing me to waste my evening searching for "that one" song that I used to crack up over from Animaniacs. So fun and educational too! On the other hand, it's getting me to start blogging again, although this blog will be a bit deeper than previous blogs I've had in the past.

It's a bit of a time of transition and I'm searching to figure out who I am. So far I've figured out that I'm Heather (big shock there). This was actually something that I struggled with for a while after becoming wife in April of 2005 and mom in July of 2005.
I am in love with music. What kind? Well that's harder to determine. Currently in my Rhapsody playlist I have Marc Cohn, Jim Croce, Gordon Lightfoot, Saigon Kick, Sawyer Brown, Tommy Page, Candlebox, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Mary-Chapin Carpenter, Nickelback, Simon & Garfunkel, among MANY others. I think "eclectic" is the best way to describe my tastes (thanks again dad).
I've come to realize that I really, really, really like spending time with my little girl, Khaila. She'll be two next week and it's a fun (and frustrating) time. I love walking outside with her and hearing her say things that I haven't taught her but she sure knows. One day she pointed out the trees and the flowers to me. A few days ago, she told me that birds say "tweet, tweet" as we walked into the house. Today, the sand at the park was her swimming pool. Who knows what tomorrow will hold!
I've realized that I want to be involved. I want to know what's going on in local politics, I want to know what's hot in local news, I want to keep up to date more on bigger and hopefully better things. About a month ago I made my first phone calls to my legislators. I may only be one voice, but if I feel strongly about something, maybe I can be THE one voice. My dad has been interested in politics for a long time and I think I'm finally understanding why.

Well, enough ramblings from me tonight. I leave you with my little bit of Animaniacs education for the evening. A little out of date but still fun!


No comments: