Thursday, August 2, 2007

Better safe than sorry...

In light of the Minneapolis bridge collapse yesterday, I went in and updated my phonebook in my cell. Do you have an ICE contact? Granted it's not going to be the first thing rescue crews will do when on the scene of an emergency, but it may help them contact family once you are in route to the hospital or at the hospital should something happen. I have two ICE contacts, my dad's and my stepmom's cell phones. I have their home phone under Dad and my mom's under Mom, more contacts that are easily identifiable. I have my home number in there so they can call my house. I have my husband's work number in there under Hubby work because they won't know who Rick is, but they'll probably understand Hubby.

Do you have a CHAD sticker on any carseats you own? This will allow emergency workers to have information on your child in case of an accident. You can find more information at the website listed below. The program is named after an infant named Chad who was in an accident and they had no idea who he was. Luckily an emergency room nurse recognized him and they could contact his parents, but most people wouldn't be so lucky. They're free and you never know if they may save your child's life if something should happen. Yes, it sounds like an exaggeration but think about it, if you're in an accident and unconscious or worse, or if your child is with someone other than you, what will happen? I'd rather be safe than sorry!

http://www.mindspring.com/~tpatxdiv/chad.htm

No comments: